Whenever you took admission to any college, they issue you a college email id in your first year, and throughout your college life, you can save a lot of money with the help of this email id. And here are the 11 Benefits of a college email ID, that you should grab as a student.
- 1. Google G-Suite ( Free )
- 2. Github student’s developer pack ( Free )
- 3. Microsoft 365 Students Version ( Free )
- 5. Spotify Premium ( Discount )
- 6. Adobe Creative Cloud ( Discount )
- 7. Apple products ( Discount )
- 8. HP, Dell & Lenovo Products ( Discount )
- 9. Amazon Prime Video Youth offer & Youtube Premium ( Discount )
- 10. Evernote Personal Plan ( Discount )
- 11. Squarespace & Wix website plan ( Discount )
1. Google G-Suite ( Free )
We are already having the free 15GB of cloud storage, and also we can access all the google apps for free, but with the Benefits of a college email ID we can access a few more things, specifically:
- 100 TB of pooled cloud storage in Google Drive shared across the institution
- Add up to 100 participants in Google Meet
- Support Assistance by phone, email, and online
But every offer or benefit will expire when your college email id will expires. One can use the pooled storage for professional work and save a lot of money without buying physical storage or more cloud storage.
2. Github student’s developer pack ( Free )
This is a bunch of packs included in a single pack. And you will love to hear that a lot of things you can get just for free. At first, I used to think that Github is just for coders and the pack should include some coding-related things but then I found out the pack which can be useful for everyone: Canva Pro free for 1 year. Whether it is a PPT presentation, any social media post, any logo, any kind of personal use, for business purposes anything. Other than that the pack also includes some popular benefits such as:
- Free 12 month subscription of Canva’s Pro tier
- Free GitHub Pro while you are a student
- Jetbrains free subscription for a year
- Polypane free for 1 year.
- Free access to 25+ Microsoft Azure cloud services plus $100 in Azure credit.
- 1 free year domain registration, 1 free year Advanced Security on Name.com
- Free Arduino Create Maker plan for 6 months and discounts on selected hardware.
- Access to the full coding interview prep course for 3 weeks at InterviewCake
- Get 6 free months of 60+ courses covering in-demand topics like Web Development, Python, Java, and Machine Learning at Educative.
All you can have with the benefits of a college email ID.
3. Microsoft 365 Students Version ( Free )
This offer is for both the students and the educators, The basic Microsoft Office 365 is totally free, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and now Microsoft Teams, plus additional classroom tools. All you need is a valid college email address. Many of the institutions ( Like ours, LPU ) actually provide students an outlook email, so anyway they are getting that free. One of the great benefits of a college email ID.
5. Spotify Premium ( Discount )
Music is just almost everyone’s favorite, and one of the most popular music streaming companies is Spotify. And for any interruption-free music streaming Spotify premium is the best. And you can get a notable discount with your student email id.
- Usually, the Individual pack of Spotify premium will cost you ₹129 / month or 1548 / year
- With the benefits of a college email ID you can avail that same offer in just ₹59 / month or ₹649 / year. which is a 58% discount, more than half.
6. Adobe Creative Cloud ( Discount )
So all creative people out there Adobe’s this discount will really help you save a lot of money as a student or a teacher. Let me tell you first what are you getting, Acrobat Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Lightroom, XD, Animate, Lightroom Classic, Dreamweaver, Dimension, Audition, InCopy, Character AnimatorCapture, Fresco, Bridge, Premiere Rush, Photoshop Express, Photoshop Camera, Media Encoder, Aero, Prelude, Lightroom Web, Scan, Fill & Sign, Acrobat Reader. Yes, that’s a lot, now what’s the price difference:
- Usually ₹4,230.30 / month or ₹50,760 / year
- With the benefits of a college email ID you can show your creativity in just ₹1,596.54 / month ( for the first year ) or ₹19,159 / year and ₹28,731 / year from the second year.
7. Apple products ( Discount )
Yes Apple does give discounts to college students, either you go to your nearest Apple store and let them verify physically by your college id card or you can apply online and verify with Unidays also, and let me tell you this discount really matters. One of the main benefits of a college email ID.
|Product Name||Without Student Discount||With Student Discount||Discount|
|MacBook Air M1||₹ 92,900.00||₹ 83,610.00||10%|
|13″ MacBook Pro||₹ 1,22,900.00||₹ 1,10,610.00||10%|
|14″ MacBook Pro||₹ 1,94,900.00||₹ 1,75,410.00||10%|
|16″ MacBook Pro||₹ 2,39,900.00||₹ 2,15,910.00||10%|
|iPad Mini||₹ 46,900.00||₹ 44,555.00||5%|
|iPad Air||₹ 54,900.00||₹ 50,783.00||7.49%|
|iPad Pro||₹ 71,900.00||₹ 68,305.00||5%|
8. HP, Dell & Lenovo Products ( Discount )
As a student, you can get your favourite laptops with a lil bit more discount. HP, Dell & Lenovo has their student store online, you can grab the offers online or offline. Make sure to check it both online or offline and get your laptop at a discounted price. Redeem the offers with the benefits of a college email ID.
9. Amazon Prime Video Youth offer & Youtube Premium ( Discount )
Your age should be between 18 and 24 in order to avail of this offer. You just need to verify your age via an ID, and you are good to go with your entertainment.
Not only that, if ads are bothering you then you can go for Youtube premium with a 1-month free trial & ₹79.00 / month after that. Usually, the plan is for ₹129.00 / month. So enjoy the 38.75% of discount.
10. Evernote Personal Plan ( Discount )
Do you make too many notes or do you have a business to run, so you can do everything online and keep track of it, Usually the Evernote Personal plan is for ₹ 249.00/month with the benefits of a college email ID you can get a 50% discount on it. Which is reasonable.
11. Squarespace & Wix website plan ( Discount )
A student is in the process of making his or her’s career, and sometimes a portfolio or a blog can enhance the resume, and one can build that with the help of these two website builders Squarespace and Wix. And you can actually start your website at a discounted price. Use the benefits of a college email ID.
Being a student is not every time easy to get everything, because almost everyone is learning not earning. As your parents are paying your college fees and your college gives you the privilege to go out on the internet and use the email id and get the benefits of a college email ID, then you should do that, and enhance your career. And do not forget to check How to build your Credit score as a Student with no income ( for 18+ ) India. Thanks for Reading.
Question asked by - Aman Singh
I love to write.