OnePlus Nord 2 was recently introduced to the market on the 22nd of July 2021. And fortunately, my father gifted me one of them. I never reviewed anything, but always wish to do one. So today is the day, This is the 60 day long OnePlus Nord 2 Review, I will try my best.
Disclaimer: All opinions solely belong to me, and my experience.
Look and feel
- The look and feel of the OnePlus Nord 2 is classic and premium at the same time.
- The 189 grams of the smartphone’s weight is smartly distributed in the phone, so it feels lighter in your hand.
- The camera bump doesn’t feel much, laying on the table or in the bed.
- I love punch hole displays, and I can assure you that the left punch hole will never disturb you.
- The back and front of OnePlus Nord 2 is protected with Gorilla Glass 5 and there is a slightly glossy finish on the back, which actually gives the handset a premium finish.
- No worry about fingerprints, they will not print easily on the back. All in all the entire phone feels sturdy,
- Holding for a long time vertically can make you feel a little weight on your little finger.
- There is nothing wrong with the plastic body but in this price range a metallic body is preferable.
- The 6.43-inch Amoled display of the OnePlus Nord 2 again feels premium, the colors are balanced and vibrant, there are options to enhance the color production in the Photos and the videos as well but subjected to more power consumption.
- The Blacks are pitch black. With the left punch hole camera, the screen looks classy.
- You can enjoy HDR content from Youtube but not from Netflix, Maybe future software updates will fix this issue. You can feel the 90Hz, and that I felt enough smooth while using this smartphone.
- Brightness is also decent enough while using it in the bright sunlight as well as in any indoor condition.
- Other than that the screen is protected with Gorilla Glass 5, but still using a screen protector is always a thumbs up.
- There is a small chin in the bottom and all the sides have minimal bezzels, so you see content in almost full screen.
- So OnePlus Nord 2 is powered by the Dimensity 1200 Flagship processor, no doubt it delivers that level of performance as a flagship one.
- The 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage is decent enough to handle a lot of operations simultaneously.
- Never felt any lag while browsing, opening a number of Applications at the same time, Playing high graphics game, using camera for a long period of time. Day to day use or daily use experince will be super smooth.
- Apart from Geekbench scores, one can’t feel the difference, the performance is worth the price.
- The user interface of OnePlus Nord 2 is pretty decent but as we all know ColorOS & OxygenOS merged so you can really feel that in the camera application, in settings, and in a lot of other applications. Unfortunately, there will be no more OxygenOS updates, it will be color OS based. Check out the OxygenOS 12 blog to know more about it.
- No pre intsalled application, no ads or bloatware will be there and it’s still gives you the stock android experinece with some more extra features.
- Widgets are pretty good, the Always on screen is customizable, all the gestures are customizable, that’s all really enhances the user experience.
Okay so it’s serious I don’t know it’s the software or the hardware.
- OnePlus Nord 2 has a 4500mAh battery, and the screen on time is pretty decent, on an average of 10 and a half hours with average use and gaming.
- With the hotspot turned on it consumes a lot of battery. even if it is just on and no device is connected, then also it consumes huge amount of battery. ( eg. One day I left my hotspot on overnight with 0 devices connected and 37% charge, next morning I found out my Nord 2 switched off due to battery drain ). Usually hotspot uses a lot of battery because it send data to the connected devices while transmitting information from in and out of its hotspot network. But it’s much more than that.
- The Phone started heating up too when the hotspot is on, and once I received a warning message which is pretty nice, that I should not play game at that time, and automatically shuts the game.
Network and Connectivity
No doubt the connectivity is awesome in OnePlus Nord 2. If I talk about the regular mobile data or it’s the Wifi, or the Bluetooth or the Hotspot, each of these is very very good. It even supports the Carrier aggregation. Wifi calling is also just amazing in low network conditions.
OnePlus Nord 2 has dual stereo speakers and it’s loud and clear, more of treble with moderate bass you can enjoy any of your favorite Netflix series, when it throws sound from the earpiece it will give you a lil surround sound experience. Even when talking to someone for a long period of time, it doesn’t bother.
- So the 50MP camera of OnePlus Nord 2 really proves itself, the image clarity is pretty decent, along with the video stabilization, even the potrait mode.
- I don’t like the image processing at all, the pictures are over saturated and yes it’s okay sometimes but I don’t like them at all.
- What I like is the RAW mode in the Expert option, where it remians as it is in real with any image processing. And those are amazing.
- The night mode in OnePlus Nord 2 is not the best but it’s okay, the images are bearable and has enough clarity.
- So yes OnePlus Nord 2 has a lot of agreements, you need to check and then click agree and then goes on, but I have just done once while booting up the phone
- But yes I can control each and every permission given to the various applications, and whenever an apps uses the camera or microphone a little green dot pops out as an idicator. ( The famous privacy feature ).
- Other than that the finger print sensor never been problamatic to me, even with lil bit of wet hands it works pretty well, and the face recongination is also very good. If you close your eyes, or covers your face, the face unlock will not work.
- Along with that you can lock every application with the help of biometrics.
- I don’t know about any other unit, but in my unit of OnePlus Nord 2, I face the proximity sensor issue, sometimes the screen remains off even when the phone is removed from the ear.
- The Wrap charge is really impressive, it charges the phone very fastly, a 5 minutues of charge can full 30% of the battery and within 50 minutes or less it can full charge the smartphone.
- The in-box back cover is good but not that much, becomes yellow with day to day use.
- The Alert slider is very unique and very useful. Even the Zen mode can help you to be more productive.
No smartphone is perfect anyways, and yes I have heard of that already 2 OnePlus Nord 2 blasted, all the reasons were valid and checked by OnePlus also, I don’t want to get into that conversation. I am happy with this smartphone, and that’s my 60-day long OnePlus Nord 2 Review. Please do comment, your thoughts, Thanks for Reading.
I love to write.