This is CES 2021 day 2, 12th Jan 2021 and the all-digital event is going amazing. Day 2 had more focused on chipsets from Intel, AMD, Samsung Exynos 2100, An actual prototype of flying cars, GM flying car introduced in CES 2021 day 2. Apart from that ASUS ROG laptop, Lenovo ThinkBook laptops were also introduced in the CES 2021 day 2.
Intel held its event yesterday, and it is the most high profile announcements at CES 2021. Intel announced the 11th generation Intel Core S-series desktop chips (Rocket Lake S) and its next-generation processors (dubbed Alder Lake).
- Intel vPro Platform: “Intel vPro is the one world’s most comprehensive hardware-based security available for businesses today.” Another one is Manageability, which refers to the use of this platform at the business’s own ease.”
- Intel Evo vPro Platform: This platform is integrated with the vPro features along with the capability of building thin & light laptops by Evo. This Intel Evo vPro is truly made for IT business peoples.
- Intel Pentium Silver, Celeron: These are actually mid-range processors that are easily accessible by students.
- Alder-Lake Processors: The next-Gen Intel CPUs are codenamed the Alder-Lake. With high-performance cores & efficiency cores in a single chip. This will be introduced in the second half of 2021 & it will be amazing.
AMD announced its ZEN 3-based AMD Ryzen 5000 series 7nm mobile processors for thin & light laptops. There are two series H-series & U-series. And within these two series, there are 4 tiers they are the Ryzen 3, Ryzen 5, Ryzen 7, and Ryzen 9. The AMD Ryzen 9 5980HX has 8 cores & 16 threads that can give a boost frequency up to 4.8 GHz. And the base level AMD processor AMD Ryzen 3 5300U has 4 cores along with 8 threads to give a performance boost up to 3.8 GHz. According to AMD, there will be 300+ laptops from different manufacturers this year.
This is been so long since Samsung has teased its upcoming Exynos processor. On the second day at CES 2021 ( 12.01.2021 ), Samsung introduced its second chipset based on the 5nm process, Samsung Exynos 2100. The performance of the CPU increased up to 30% and GPU performance increased up to 40%. The Galaxy Unpacked Event will be epic.
ASUS @ CES 2021 day 2
Asus Republic of Gamers (ROG) at CES 2021 day 2 showcased its ROG Flow X13, ROG Zephyrus Duo 15 SE and Strix SCAR 17 gaming laptops. The ROG Flow X13 is an ultraportable gaming laptop that comes with a 360-degree hinge powered by the AMD Ryzen 9 5980HS processor paired with the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 GPU.
The ASUS ROG Zephyrus Duo 15 SE comes with the ROG ScreenPad Plus, which is basically a secondary screen. It is powered by the AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX processor paired with Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 GPU. The ROG Strix SCAR 17 has a 360Hz refresh rate display panel with a 3 ms response time. It is powered by the AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX processor paired with 64 GB of dual-channel DDR-3200 MHz memory.
General Motors @ CES 2021 day 2
- Large Formal Cells: At the beginning of the Keynote, General Motors introduced their large formal cells, which are optimized to provide sufficient power for multiple vehicle designs. GM manufactures these cells on their own in collaboration with LG. The application of these batteries will be amazing. These batteries can produce up to 450 miles of range on a single charge.
- More EVs: In the upcoming years ( next 5 years ) GM will introduce their range of 30 new EVs globally for every aspect of driving needs. As GM Hummer EV already introduced in October last year.
- Vertole: This is a Verticle takeoff & landing drone/flying car by GM. It is the first step into aerial mobility. This drone uses a 90-kilowatt-hour EV motor to power four rotors. It is a first look to the upcoming future, I must say the technology is developing like a rabbit.
The CES 2021 day 2 is also over and now is time for the ending ceremony or last events, including Samsung’s big event ” The Galaxy Unpacked Event “. I will be covering most of the CES 2021. Thanks for Reading.