Facebook-owned company is updating WhatsApp Terms of Service & the privacy policies which will be started working from 8 February 2021. And all the users both in Android & iOS are requested to agree to their terms before 8th February 2021, if one does not agree to the WhatsApp Terms of Service then their WhatsApp account will be no deleted.
I will be straight forward
- WhatsApp is not monetized yet with ads.
- The messages, Phone & Video calls via WhatsApp still end to end encrypted ( Even WhatsApp can not see or store ). No data regarding the message, Phone, or Video call will be shared or collected. Though the media you shared will be stored in the server with encryption for a small period of time. ( Which helps to forward the same media to the other people )
- Device Information like hardware model, operating system information, battery level, signal strength, app version, browser information ( Web-Kit ), mobile network, connection information (including phone number, mobile operator or ISP), language and time zone, IP address, device operations information, and identifiers are being collected and will in future. If you share your live location with someone then that also will be collected for functioning that feature.
- Businesses you talk with or interact with via WhatsApp or via facebook’s services, the interaction will be monitored to maintain integrity and to act in accordance with applicable law when providing any information to us.
- WhatsApp will surely help organizations protect their copyrighted content and intellectual property rights. If an infringement is reported by a user, WhatsApp can legally sue or take lawful action. It is unclear if this applies to music and videos shared on WhatsApp because all messages are encrypted. A point of major concern is how WhatsApp would take legal recourse against an infringement if the end-to-end encryption policy still holds good? The dots don’t seem to connect.
These are the In App prompts
How WhatsApp will use the information taking from the user
- WhatsApp uses the information To operate and provide their Services, customer support; completing purchases or transactions, improving, fixing, and customizing our Services; and connecting their Services with Facebook Company Products that you may use. To understand how people use their Services; evaluate and improve our Services; research, develop, and test new services and features, etc. ( WhatsApp Terms of Service )
- “When you or others use third-party services or other Facebook Company Products that are integrated with our Services, those third-party services may receive information about what you or others share with them. For example, if you use a data backup service integrated with our Services (like iCloud or Google Drive), they will receive information you share with them, such as your WhatsApp messages. If you interact with a third-party service or another Facebook Company Product linked through our Services, such as when you use the in-app player to play content from a third-party platform, information about you, like your IP address and the fact that you are a WhatsApp user, may be provided to such third party or Facebook Company Product. Please note that when you use third-party services or other Facebook Company Products, their own terms and privacy policies will govern your use of those services and products.” – WhatsApp added in WhatsApp Terms of Service
IF not WhatsApp then what?
- “We don’t use your data to show you ads.
- We only store the data that Telegram needs to function as a secure and feature-rich messaging service.”
” Signal utilizes state-of-the-art security and end-to-end encryption to provide private messaging and Internet calling services to users worldwide (“Services”). Your calls and messages are always encrypted, so they can never be shared or viewed by anyone but yourself and the intended recipients. “
WhatsApp is a free messaging app, it was made to connect people around the world, a add free messaging service which is the end to end encrypted but now it is own by Facebook, and Facebook has known for its data breach previously but this step is safe now, hope the new WhatsApp features will work simultaneously add free in future also and protects user’s privacy. Thanks for Reading.
I love to write.